Protecting Your Rights Since 2007
James E. Borras, Esq.
Attorney James E. Borras is an experienced attorney in the South Florida area and is the managing member of the Law Offices of James E. Borras, PLLC. Mr. Borras graduated with honors from the University of Florida in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and minors in Criminology and Economics. Mr. Borras then graduated from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2006. Mr. Borras was a Dean’s List recipient and received the Book Award in Contracts, Torts, Criminal Law and Legal Drafting for earning the highest grade in the class.
James E. Borras practices in the legal areas of immigration, family law, personal injury, foreclosure defense, corporate law, and privacy and data security. Mr. Borras has represented several national banks in issues including foreclosure and bankruptcy. Mr. Borras has also represented insurance companies in defending claims for personal injury as well as property claims. Mr. Borras now utilizes the essential strategies learned from representing these large corporate clients to defend the rights and legal issues facing his current clients. Mr. Borras is a hard working, compassionate professional who brings a tireless work ethic and strong desire to help others and be a zealous advocate for his clients.
Mr. Borras is a member of the Florida Bar, the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the Cuban American Bar Association, and is licensed to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Mr. Borras is also a FIBA Anti-Money Laundering Certified Associate (AMLCA) and in addition holds a life insurance and variable annuity license with the Florida Department of Financial Services. Furthermore, Mr. Borras is an avid fan of film and earned a degree in filmmaking from the Miami Film School. Mr. Borras is currently enrolled in the St. Thomas University Master of Science in Cyber Security Management program, specializing in Risk Management and Compliance, and has the honor of serving as the President of the St. Thomas University Cyber Security Club.
- St. Thomas University, M.S. Cyber Security Management, Risk Management and Compliance specialization, expected 2019.
- Florida International University, FIBA Anti-Money Laundering Certified Associate, 2017
- Miami Film School, Diploma in Filmmaking, 2010.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of Florida, BSBA, cum laude, 2003
- Florida Bar, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
- St. Thomas Cyber Security Club, President